Riz au lait. Riz au lait, otherwise known in English as rice pudding, is an easy recipe that has been around as long as anyone can remember. A classic dish that makes a healthy and gluten-free afternoon snack, but with enough flavor to feel sufficiently decadent for dessert. Prepare the riz au lait: Split the vanilla bean, scrape out the seeds and place the seeds and pod in a medium saucepan.
Riz Au Lait (French Rice Pudding) Recipe by Bellinda. Those aromas will take you back to your childhood. This dish is great as dessert or even for breakfast. You can have Riz au lait using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Riz au lait
- It’s 1000 g of lait demi écrémé.
- Prepare 180 g of riz rond blanc (spécial dessert).
- It’s 1 cuillère à soupe of bombée de raisin secs (facultatif).
- You need 100 g of sucre en poudre.
- It’s 10-15 g of sucre vanille.
There are so many variations on rice pudding; fruits, nuts, exotic spices like cardammon, star anise, clove. I could eat Riz au lait for breakfast, but prefer the homemade version, which I mostly serve for dessert. Short-grain and round rice ( riz rond ) are traditionally used for making rice pudding, which are starchy varieties of rice that give it that signature creamy texture. This orange riz au lait is truly something special.
Riz au lait instructions
- 1000g de lait demi écrémé fait chauffer pendant 8mn à 98°.
- Rajouter les 180g de riz rond cuire 25mn à 95°plus (une cuillère de raisin sec facultatif).
- Rajouter 100g de sucre plus 10-15g de sucre de vanille puis 2mn de cuisson à 90°..
Without a doubt, this will be my go-to rice pudding recipe from now on. Du riz au lait made with milk, condensed milk, cinnamon, vanilla, sugar, and raisins. This section needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed.